Anchovy Chutney Recipe
HT ACC Malaysian 30mins
Malaysian Name: Acar Ikan Bilis
Serves 6 Hot Fish Nuts Condiment
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless Malaysia South East Asian Asian
300g/11oz Fresh Anchovies, cleaned and gutted
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 Red Chillies, sliced
1 Onion, sliced
The Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Sugar
300g/11oz Roasted Peanuts
1. Remove the heads from the cleaned anchovies and cut in half lengthways. Set
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chillies and onions and stir-fry over a
medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the anchovies and continue to stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add water, lime juice, salt and sugar, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in the peanuts and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
End of instructions