ACC Mexican 65mins
Corn Tortillas Hot Vegetarian
Accompaniment Bread Flatbread Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Mexico Nth
American North America
200g/7oz Corn Flour (Harina de Maiz, Masa Harina) NOT
cornflour or cornstarch
270ml/9fl.oz. Hot Water
1. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl, add the water and
mix together until well combined.
2. Turn dough onto a surface which has been light sprinkled with
more of the corn flour, and knead until pliable and smooth. If dough
is too wet, sprinkle with a little more masa harina. If too dry,
sprinkle with water.
3. Wrap in clingfilm and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat a heavy frying pan, preferably cast iron, or griddle to
5. Divide dough into 12-15 equal-size balls. Place one ball between
two layers of clingfilm and roll out to about 20cm/8-inches or a
6. Immediately place the corn tortilla on the heated pan or griddle
and cook for approximately 30 seconds, or until browned and slightly
puffy. Turn and cook the second side of the tortilla for
approximately 30 seconds more.
Cover with aluminium foil and keep warm whilst you repeat with the
Traditionally served with a
meat, poultry or vegetable
filling which is placed at one
end of each tortilla then rolled
End of instructions