Cucumber Kimchi recipe
CD ACC Korean 24 hours
Cold Vegetable Accompaniment Korea
Asian Asia Dairy Free Eggless
450g/1lb Firm Cucumbers
1/2-1 tbsp Red Chilli Pepper, depending on taste
1 teasp crush Garlic
100g/4oz White Radish, cut into julienne
50g/2oz Leeks, cut into julienne
1 tbsp Anchovy Sauce
Pinch of salt
1 teasp Sugar
1. Cut the cucumbers in half lengthways
then cut into slices about 12mm/1/2-inch thick.
2. Place the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle generously all
over with salt. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
3. In the meantime, place the shredded radish, garlic, ginger, shredded
leeks, chilli, sugar, and anchovy sauce in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Set
aside for 20 minutes.
4. Drain the cucumbers and remove
as much moisture as possible then add to the radish mixture and mix well.
5. Cover with Clingfilm and leave at room temperature for 24 hours.
6. The mixture can then be transferred
to sterilised jars or airtight plastic containers and chilled before use.