4-6 Hot Cold Vegetarian Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Accompaniment Desserts
Extract (check ingredients label)
100g/4oz Butter, softened
Bring a large pan of
water to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, make an incision on the flat side of each chestnut.
Drop the nuts into the boiling water and boil for 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon then peel whilst still warm.
4. Place the peeled chestnuts in a medium saucepan together with the
milk and vanilla and cook over moderate heat for 45 minutes or until
5. Drain the cooked chestnuts, reserving a little of the cooking
liquor, then place in a food processor and process until smooth,
adding a little of the cooking liquor if necessary. Alternatively,
pass through a fine sieve.
6. Transfer to a mixing bowl add the softened butter and mix
End of instructions