Gingered Prawn and
HT HD BBQ 20mins plus marinating
Serves 4 Hot Shellfish Seafood
Herbs Fruit Hors d’oeuvre Starter Appetizer Barbecues kebabs skewers Dairy Free Eggless
1 tbsp Freshly Grated Root Ginger
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 tbsp Sesame Oil
The Finely grated zest of 1 Lemon
1 tbsp finely chopped Basil Leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped Coriander Leaves
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 large raw King Prawns
1. Peel the prawns leaving their tails in tact.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the sesame oil, ginger garlic, lemon
zest, herbs, soy sauce and pepper.
2. Add the prawns, mix to coat well then cover and refrigerate for two hours,
turning once or twice during the marinating period.
3. Preheat the grill or barbecue to hot. Cut the kiwifruit into quarters then
thread the prawns and kiwifruit alternately onto 4 four skewers.
4. Brush the grill with a little oil then place the brochettes on the grill or
barbecue, brush with the marinade and cook for 6-8 minutes turning a couple of
times and basting with the marinade, until the prawns turn pink and are just
cooked through. Serve immediately.
Main equipment required to make