Barbecued Tipsy Bacon Chops
35mins plus marinating
Alcohol Herbs Vegetables
Main Course Dairy Free Eggless
4 Bacon Chops
2 Onions, sliced
2 Bay Leaves, crumbled
The Juice of ½ a Lemon
Oil for frying (optional)
1. Place half the sliced onion and 1 crumbled bay leaf over the bottom of
a shallow dish.
Place the bacon chops on top of the onions then place remaining onions and bay
leaves on top of the chops. Pour the beer over the meat and onions, cover and
2. When ready to cook the chops, strain the beer into a saucepan and
remove the chops from the onion and bay leaf mixture. Place the chops on the hot bbq grill to start cooking them.
3. Also place the saucepan of beer marinade on
the bbq grill, bring to the boil and continue to boil the beer until reduced by half
then add the molasses and lemon juice.
3. Use the reduced beer mixture to baste the chops during cooking. Cook the chops
over medium/hot coals for 13-15 minutes
each side, depending on the thickness, turning from time to time and basting
with the beer mixture.
4. Optional: Fry the remaining onions which were used in the marinade
whilst the chops are cooking.
5. To serve - transfer the chops to a serving platter,
cover with the fried onions if using, and pour any remaining hot beer sauce over
Main equipment required to make
Key techniques required to make this
Tips, Options and
Substitute the garlic salt with chilli powder
Can be cooked in a conventional oven