110mins plus refrigeration
Vegetables Alcohol Spices
Poultry Dairy Free Eggless
5cm/2 inches Fresh Root Ginger, peeled & chopped
Spring Onions, chopped
Garlic Cloves, chopped
fl.oz. Dry Sherry
2 tbsp Plum Sauce
60ml/2 fl.oz. Cider Vinegar
60ml/2 fl.oz. Sesame Oil
1 teasp Chilli Paste
3 Star Anise
4 tbsp Honey
8-12 Chicken Wings
1. Place the ginger and the green onions in a food processor and pulse
until the bits become quite fine.
2. Transfer to a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients except the
chicken wings. Bring to the boil, reduce heat
and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
3. Meanwhile, cut off wing tips and joint wings into two sections. Place
in a large bowl and pour the cooled sauce over them, tossing to coat all wings
and leave to marinate overnight.
4. The next day, preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly
oil a large, shallow roasting tins.
5. Drain the wings, reserving the marinade, place on the roasting tin and
bake uncovered, for 1¼ to 1½ hours, basting every 20 minutes
with the reserved marinade and turning each wing as you baste.
6. After the cooking period, remove the wings from
tins and place on sheets of aluminium foil in a single
layer. Allow to cool then transfer to an airtight
container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Best
served at room temperature.
Main equipment required to make
Shallow roasting tin or baking sheet