Figs with Goat Cheese
Veg HT BBQ HD 25mins
Vegetarian fruit vegetables Hors d’oeuvre
Starter Appetizers Gluten Wheat
50g/2oz Soft Goats Cheese
8 Large Fresh Figs
8 Vine Leaves
Mixed Baby salad leaves to serve
1. If using preserved vine leaves, soak in water for a while to remove the
2. Place the goat's cheese in a bowl and mash with a fork until very smooth
and soft. Transfer to a
piping bag fitted with a small nozzle.
3. Make an incision in the bottom of each fig then fill the figs with the goat's cheese by squeezing a small amount of
cheese into the bottom of each fig. The figs will swell up when filled.
4. Drizzle with a little honey then wrap each fig with a vine leaf and thread onto skewers.
5. Grill over hot coals for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once.
To serve - arrange the salad leaves on a serving platter, place the figs on top
and drizzle with a little more honey. Serve
Main equipment required to make
Piping bag and nozzle
Key techniques required to make this
Drizzle - To drip a liquid substance, such as a
sauce or dressing, over food usually in a semi fluid
Tips, Options and
Can also be cooked under a conventional grill.