Lamb Chops with Mustard Butter
MC 20mins plus
Lamb Main Course
Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
8 Lamb Chops
For the Marinade
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
Salt and Black Pepper
For the Mustard Butter
100g/4oz Softened Butter
1/2 teasp Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard (check label)
1. In a small bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Place the chops
in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Turn to coat well then set
aside for 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix together the mustard butter
ingredients until well blended. Set aside but do not refrigerate as it must be
served at room temperature.
3. After the marinating time, grill the chops over hot coals for 7 minutes
on each side.
4. To serve - transfer to plates, place a knob of the mustard butter on
each chop and serve the remainder of the butter on the side.
Main equipment required to make
Key techniques required to make this
Marinate - To soak foods in a marinade to enhance
the flavour. It also sometimes has the effect of
tenderising foods such as meat.
- To moisten with the pan juices or other liquid during cooking. This aids
in moisture retention.