Plum BBQ Sauce
Veg HT ACC 10mins
Vegetables Fruit Accompaniment
Barbecue Savoury Sauce
1 small Onion, finely chopped
60ml/2 fl.oz. Chilli Sauce
2 teasp Dijon Mustard
1 x 400g/14oz tin Plums
180ml/6 fl.oz. Lemonade
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onions and fry gently until soft
2. Meanwhile, remove the stones from the plums, reserving the syrup, and
chop the flesh finely.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, including the reserved syrup, to the
onions, bring to the boil then reduce
the heat and simmer, uncovered, for
15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve hot with poultry or game.
Main equipment required to make
Key techniques required to make this
To cook over a brisk heat, in oil or fat to obtain a good seal and colour.
- To bring a liquid to boiling temperature and to maintain it
throughout the cooking time
- To maintain the temperature of a liquid at
just below boiling.