Skewered Scallops Recipe
Seafood Shellfish Pork Herbs Main Course Barbecues Kebabs
Brochettes Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
Juice of 2 Lemons
freshly chopped Parsley
large Scallops, shelled
Rashers Streaky Bacon, derinded
1. Place the melted butter, lemon juice, pepper and parsley in a large
bowl and mix well.
2. Add the scallops and turn to coat.
3. Cut each bacon rasher in half widthways then wrap each scallop in half
a rasher of bacon, threading them onto skewers as you go and reserving any
remaining butter mixture.
4. Cook over hot barbecue coals for 3-4 minutes each side, basting with the
remaining butter mixture,
until the bacon is crisp and golden brown.
5. To serve - transfer the skewers to a serving platter and drizzle any
remaining butter mixture over the top. Serve immediately.
Main equipment required to make
Key techniques required to make this
Marinate - To soak foods in a marinade to enhance
the flavour. It also sometimes has the effect of
tenderising foods such as meat.
Baste - To moisten with the pan juices or other
liquid during cooking. This aids in moisture retention.
Tips, Options and
Can be cooked under a conventional grill for the
same amount of time