MC 20mins plus marinating
herbs Main Course
Barbecues Kebabs Healthy Eating Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
For the marinade
2 Lemons, thinly sliced
3 Tomatoes, sliced
The Juice of
½ a Lemon
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 heaped teasp Paprika
8 Bay Leaves, crumbled
1 teasp Salt
For the Dressing
The juice of 1 large Lemon
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 teasp Freshly chopped Parsley
675g/1½ lb Swordfish
1. Cut the fish into chunks approximately 4cm/ 1 ½ inch square and place
in a shallow dish.
2. Mix together the ingredients for the marinade then pour over the fish.
Toss well to coat, cover and marinate for 4 - 5 hours.
3. After the marinating time, thread the swordfish pieces onto skewers,
interleaving with the lemon and tomato slices.
4. Grill over hot barbecue coals for approximately 10 minutes, turning frequently
and basting the remaining marinade until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or jug, mix together the ingredients for the
6. To serve - transfer the brochettes to a serving
platter and drizzle the dressing over the top.
Main equipment required to make
Small bowl or jug
Key techniques required to make this
Marinate - To soak foods in a marinade to enhance
the flavour. It also sometimes has the effect of
tenderising foods such as meat.
Baste - To moisten with the pan juices or other
liquid during cooking. This aids in moisture retention.