Hot Beef Casserole Main Course Dairy Free
1 x 1.8kg/4lb Beef Brisket,
trimmed of fat
Salt and Black Pepper
1 large Onion, sliced
360ml/12fl.oz. Ale (Beer, Stout, Guinness)
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Beef Stock Cube
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Bay Leaf
1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
2 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp Water
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas
2. Season the beef brisket all over with salt and black pepper then place in an
oven proof casserole dish and cover with onion slices.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the
beer, brown sugar, crumbles stock cube, garlic, bay leaf and thyme then
pour over the roast.
4. Cover with a lid or aluminium foil
and bake for 4 hours.
5. At the end of the cooking time,
remove the meat from the casserole and pour the juices into a saucepan.
6. Return the meat to the casserole
and keep warm in the oven while you mix together the cornflour and water. Stir
the cornflour mixture into the juices in the saucepan and heat, stirring, until
To serve - slice the meat and serve
with the thickened gravy.
Beef/Veal Recipes | General
Beef Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.