Weekday Menu Recipe
Beef with Kiwi Sauce
HT MC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Beef
Kiwi Fruit Alcohol Main Course Dairy Free Eggless
450g/1lb Rump or Fillet Steak,
½ Onion, roughly chopped
1 teasp freshly grated Root Ginger
1 Apple, roughly chopped
90ml/3fl.oz. Soy Sauce
90ml/3fl.oz. Rice Wine
1 tbsp Sugar
2 teasp Cornflour (cornstarch)
1. Preheat the grill to hot then grill the meat for 5-10 minutes on each side or
until cooked to your likely.
2. Meanwhile, peel the kiwi fruit, cut into quarters then place in a food
processor together with the onion, ginger and apple and process until smooth.
3. Transfer to a small saucepan together with the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar
and bring to simmering point, stirring constantly.
4. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a slurry then add to the fruit
mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
5. Once cooked, cut the beef into 2.5cm/1 inch thick slices, catching any juices
then add to the sauce and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste, adding more
soy sauce if desired. Serve immediately with rice.
Serving Suggestions :
Cream of your choice
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.