Braised Fillet of Beef with Chocolate HT
Serves 4 Hot Meat
Vegetables Alcohol Herbs Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
900g/2lb Beef Fillet (tenderloin) in one piece
Salt and Pepper
3 tbsp Butter
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
150ml/5fl.oz. Red Wine
270nl/9fl.oz. Fresh Beef Stock
25g/1oz Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped (check
2 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley
1. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan until hot. Season the meat with salt and
pepper then add to the butter and brown well on all sides.
2. Add the onion, garlic, wine and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the
heat. cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Add the chocolate, stirring well and continue to simmer, uncovered, for a
further 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, cover the pan and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. To serve - slice the meat drizzle with the chocolate sauce and sprinkle with