Burmese Beef Curry HT
MC Myanmar 75mins
Myanmar Name: A Mae Nhut
Serves 4 Hot Beef
Main Course Curries Gluten Wheat
Dairy Free Burmese Burma Asia Asian
2 tbsp Wine Vinegar
2 Green Chillies, chopped
5cm/2-inches Fresh Root Ginger
2 Large Onions, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
675g/1½ lb Beef, cubed
4 Bay Leaves
2 x 5cm/2-inch Cinnamon Sticks
4 Cloves, crushed
1. Place the vinegar, chillies, onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and
process to a paste.
2. Season the paste with salt then rub well into beef.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the beef and cook for 2 minutes on each
4. Add the remaining ingredients and sufficient water to just cover the meat,
mix well then partially cover the pan and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour or
until the beef is tender, stirring and checking the water level several times
during the cooking period.
Beef/Veal Recipes | General
Beef Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.