Meat Stew HT MC
Malagache name: Romazava
Serves 4 Hot Beef Pork Poultry
Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Madagascar African Africa
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
225g/8oz Stewing or Braising Steak, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes
2 Onions, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and Black Pepper
225g/8oz Shoulder or Leg of Pork, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes
2 Chicken Breasts, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes
4 large Tomatoes, chopped
1 x 5cm/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, coarsely grated
450g/1lb fresh Spinach, shredded
2 teasp Sakay (Hot Chilli Sauce) Optional
1. Heat the oil in large saucepan add the beef and cook for 2 minutes on each
2. Add the onions and garlic and cook stirring for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add enough cold water to just cover the meat, season with salt and pepper,
bring to a boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer very gently for 20
4. Add the pork, mix well and continue to cook for an further 30 minutes adding
a little more water if necessary.
5. Add the chicken pieces, mix well and continue to cook for 15 minutes, once
again, checking the water level and adding a little more if necessary.
6. Add the tomatoes, ginger and Sakay if using, mix well and continue to cook
for 10 minutes.
7. Add the shredded spinach and cook stirring until the leaves have just wilted.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.