HT MC Middle Eastern 40mins
This Middle Eastern dish is ideal for using up leftover meat or
poultry from a roast. Needless to say, you can also use fresh meat or chicken so
long as you allow extra cooking time at Stage 3.
Serves 4 Hot Leftovers Meat Poultry
Vegetables Grains Dried Fruit Spices Herbs Nuts Main
Course Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
½ teasp Ground Cumin
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
450g/1lb Cooked Beef, Lamb, Chicken or Turkey, shredded
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
250g/9oz Long-grain Rice
600ml/20fl.oz. Fresh Stock
4 Broccoli Florets, chopped
2 Bay Leaves
2tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
50g/2oz Flaked Almonds
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic, and
sauté gently for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the cumin and cinnamon and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the meat or poultry, tomato purée and rice to the saucepan and cook for
2-3 minutes, stirring to coat.
4. Add the stock, broccoli, bay leaves, parsley, raisins, almonds, salt and
pepper, bring to the boil, cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring
from time to time, until the rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed.
Lamb Recipes | General
Lamb Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.