HT MC Malaysian 45mins
Serves 4 Hot Beef Main Course
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Malaysia South East Asia Asian
1 large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
12mm/ ½ Inch Fresh Root Ginger, sliced
1/2 teasp Salt
3 fresh Chillies, halved and deseeded
1 teasp Ground Turmeric
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
450g/1lb Braising Beef, cubed
2 bay leaves
240ml/8fl.oz. Coconut Milk
1. Place the onion, garlic, ginger, salt, chillies and turmeric in a food
processor and process until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion paste mixture and stir fry
for 2 minutes.
3. Add beef and continue to fry for 5 minutes, turning from time to time.
4. Add the bay leaves and 240ml/8fl.oz. of water, bring to the boil then reduce
the heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until meat is tender, adding
more water as necessary to prevent the sauce from drying out. Do not add too
much as the mixture should be relatively dry.
5. Add the coconut milk, bring to the boil then immediately remove from heat and
serve hot over rice.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations
More Malayasian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.