Roast Shredded Beef
HT MC Madagascan 160mins
Malagache name: Varenga
Serves 4-6 Hot Beef Main Course Gluten
Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Madagascar African Africa
1kg/2.2lb Braising Steak, cut into 5cm/2-inch strips
Salt and Black Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 medium Onion, sliced
1. Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan, cover with 12mm/½ -inch of
cold water and bring to the boil, stirring.
2. Reduce the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer gently for about 2 hours,
keeping an eye on the water level and topping up when necessary, until meat is
very tender can be shredded with a fork.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and grease a wide shallow baking
tin. Remove the meat from the saucepan and shred into thin strips using two
forks. The meat should be soft enough to pull apart very easily.
4. Transfer the shredded meat to the greased tin, pour over enough of the
cooking liquor to moisten then roast in the oven for 30 minutes until well
browned on top.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef/Veal Preparations
| More Madagascan Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.