Steak with Port & Chocolate Sauce
HT MC 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Beef Meat Herbs Alcohol
Main Course Eggless
4 Steaks e.g. fillet, rump, sirloin
Salt and Pepper
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 teasp Freshly Chopped Rosemary
180ml/6fl.oz. Fresh Beef Stock
50g/2oz Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa solids), grated
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Season the steaks with salt and pepper then grill
for 4 - 7 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you like your steak.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan, add the shallot and cook
gently for 3 minutes, stirring.
3. Add the port, balsamic vinegar and rosemary to the shallots, raise the heat
and boil rapidly for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the stock and rosemary, return to the boil then remove from the heat and
whisk in the chocolate until it melts and slightly thickens.
5. To serve – transfer the steaks to serving plates and pour sauce over the top.
More Beef Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.