Veal Escalopes with Lemon Sauce
HT MC Italian 25mins
Italian Name: Scaloppine Al Limone
Hot Veal Meat Fruit Alcohol Main Course Eggless Italian
4 Veal Escalopes, pounded out thinly
Salt and Pepper
For the sauce
2 tbsp Lemon juice
180ml/6fl.oz Dry white wine
2 teasp Plain Flour
1 teasp Butter
1 Large Lemon, thinly sliced
1 teasp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1. Season the veal with salt and pepper..
2. Melt the butter in a large frying-pan. Add the escalopes and fry for 3 to 4
minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Transfer the meat to a plate using
tongs and keep warm
3. Add the lemon juice and wine to the frying pan, bring to the boil stirring
constantly and scraping up any residue on the bottom of the pan. Continue to
boil for 3-4 minutes until slightly reduced.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl or cup, mix the butter and flour together to form
a paste (Beurre manie).
5. Reduce the heat to medium then add the flour/butter paste to the frying pan a
little at a time, stirring to blend well and cook for 1 minute until the sauce
6. Return the escalopes to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning once or
7. Transfer to warmed serving plates, pour the sauce over the top, garnish with
the lemon slices and sprinkle with the parsley.
More Beef Recipes |
General Beef Preparations
More English Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.