HT MC Belgian
Hot Beef Vegetables
Herbs Alcohol Main Course Eggless Belgium Europe
tbsp Brown Sugar
tbsp Wine Vinegar
fl.oz. Light Ale (beer)
and Black Pepper
1. Cut the meat into large thin slices. Melt
50g/2oz of the butter in a large pan, add
the meat and brown on all sides over a high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon
and set aside.
2. Add the onions to the pan with the
remaining butter and cook over a low heat for
3. Sprinkle over the flour and stir well then add the sugar, vinegar and beer and cook, stirring until thickened.
4. Return the meat to the pan, together with
the bouquet garni, salt and pepper. Mix well then cover
and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
Beef/Veal Recipes | General
Beef Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.