Makes 1 x
10-inch cake Hot Cold Vegetarian
Fruit Baked Fayre
Olive Oil for greasing
180ml/6fl.oz. Extra Virgin
4 Large Eggs
325g/12oz Plain Flour
225g/8oz Fresh or
1 teasp Baking Powder
Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 teasp Salt
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
1 teasp Lemon Juice
4 teasp Lemon Juice
Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a
25cm/10-inch tube (bundt) pan with olive oil.
2. Place the sugar and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and mix with
an electric mixer at medium speed until well-blended.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Place the blueberries in a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the
flour and toss well. Set aside.
5. Combine the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
in a large mixing bowl then add the flour mixture to sugar mixture a
little at a time, alternating with the sour cream.
6. Fold in blueberry mixture, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and vanilla
extract then pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour and 10
minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin
for 10 minutes.
8. To serve - mix together the icing sugar and 4 teaspoons of lemon
juice in a small bowl. Remove the cake from the tin, transfer to a
serving platter and drizzle the icing sugar mixture over the top of
the warm cake.