Berry Oat Biscuits
CD CBF 45mins
approx. 24 Biscuits
Vegetarian dried Fruit Baked Fayre Teatime
1 large Egg
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Milk
150g/+5oz Brown Sugar
15g/2oz Granulated Sugar
50g/2oz rolled oats
100g/4oz Self Raising Flour
¼ teasp Ground Cinnamon
A pinch of Salt
50g/2oz dried cranberries
50g/2oz dried Blueberries
1. In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla and milk. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light
fluffy then gradually beat in the egg mixture a little at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt and
cranberries then add to butter mixture and stir until combined.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until firm.
Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and line
some baking sheets with parchment paper.
Remove the dough from the fridge, divide the dough in half
then sprinkle with flour then turn onto a well floured work surface and roll
each half into a log about 1½ inches in diameter.
7. Slice each log into biscuits about 12mm/ ½
inch thick. Place on the parchment lined baking sheets leaving a good 3.5cm/1 ½
inches between the biscuits as they will spread during the baking, and bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool a little then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The
biscuits will crisp up as they cool.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.