Makes 4 flatbreads Cold Vegetarian Bread
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Ethiopia Africa African
125g/-5oz Teff Flour
360ml/12fl.oz. Warm Water
½ teasp Salt
1. Place the flour and water in a large bowl, mix well then cover the bowl with
tea towel and leave in a warm place for 24 to 48 hours.
2. After this time, pour off the liquid which will rise to top, add the salt and
3. Heat a medium sized frying pan until hot, then pour a quarter of the batter
into the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until holes appear on the surface of
the bread, the edges lift away from the pan and the surface is dry. Remove from
the pan (no need to turn it) and allow it cool. Repeat with the remaining
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
introduce air into a mixture using a utensil such as a wooden spoon, fork or
whisk, in order to achieve a lighter texture.
- to - The process where sugar and softened butter are beaten together
with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is light, pale and well blended. This
process may also be carried out with a hand held mixer or in a food processor.
- The incorporation of fat into flour.Butter is cubed then gently rubbed between the thumb and
forefinger, lifting the mixing at the same time, until the fat is fully
incorporated and the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.