Hertfordshire Pope Lady Cake Veg CD CBF
Makes 1 Cake Cold Vegetarian Cakes Baked
Fayre England Britain British Europe
400g/14oz Plain Flour
10 Egg Whites
A pinch Baking Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 110C, 225F, Gas mark ¼ and grease a 20cm/8-inch cake tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and 4 of the egg
3. Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder into another mixing bowl, mix
well then add to the butter mixture and mix until well blended.
4. In another bowl, whisk the remaining 6 egg whites until very stiff then fold
gently into the cake mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for about 1½ hours.
Allow to cool slightly before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.