Maids of Honour CD CBF English 40mins plus
Makes 12 Cold Nuts
Alcohol Baked Fayre Tea Time England Britain
A Pinch Salt
1 tbsp Rennet
75g/3oz softened Butter
1 tbsp Brandy
3 tbsp Chopped Almonds
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
225g/8oz Puff Pastry
1. Warm the milk until lukewarm then add the salt and rennet and leave to set.
This can take a couple of hours. Once the mixture is, firm transfer to a piece
of fine muslin, secure with a piece of string, suspend it over a bowl and allow
to drain overnight.
2. After the draining period, preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas mark 7. Roll
out the pastry thinly, cut into 12 7.5cm/3-inch circles and use to line a
twelve hole patty tin, pressing it down firmly. Set aside.
3. Pass the drained curds and butter through a sieve into a large mixing bowl.
4. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and brandy together then add to the curds,
together with the almonds and sugar and mix well.
5. Half fill the pastry cases with the curd mixture then bake for 15-20 minutes.
Turn onto a wire rack and allow to cool before serving.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.