Oatmeal Bread Veg
CD CBF Irish 45mins plus soaking
Makes 1 loaf
Cold Vegetarian Baked Fayre Ireland Europe Eggless
360ml/12 fl.oz. Buttermilk
2 teasp Baking Powder
½ teasp Salt
100g/4oz Plain Flour (approx)
25g/1oz Butter, melted
1. Place the oatmeal and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl, making sure milk
covers oats, and leave to soak for about 6 hours or over-night.
2. After the soaking time, preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease
a baking sheet.
3. Add the baking powder, salt and half of the flour to the oatmeal
mixture and begin mixing well with fork. Continue adding more flour until you
get a sticky dough.
4. Place dough on the greased baking sheet, forming it into a round loaf.
Brush with the melted butter and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick
poked into centre comes out clean.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.