Cake Veg CD CBF
Sri Lankan 110mins plus cooling
Sri Lankan Name: Bibikkan
Makes 1 Cake Cold Vegetarian Dried Fruit Spices Cakes
Baked Fayre Dairy Free Sri Lanka Ceylon Ceylonese Asia Asian
225g/8oz Jaggery, grated
225g/8oz Freshly grated Coconut
50g/2oz Dry Roasted Semolina
100g/4oz Dates, stoned and chopped
½ teasp Roasted Fennel Seeds
1 Cardamom Pod, crushed
25g/1oz Stem Ginger, chopped
25g/1oz Candied peel, chopped
50g/2oz Cashew Nuts, roughly chopped
A large pinch of Salt
½ teasp Baking powder
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
1. Place the jaggery and water in a saucepan and heat slowly, stirring, until
the jaggery has dissolved.
2. Add the coconut and cook for 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat and allow
the mixture to cool .
3. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, gas mark 3 and lightly butter a shallow
baking tin. Once the coconut mixture has cooled, stir in the semolina, dates,
fennel, cardamom, sultanas, ginger, candied peel, cashew nuts, salt, baking
powder and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Separate the egg, beat the white and yolk separately then fold into the cake
mixture. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 ½ hours.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.