Black Forest Brownies Veg
plus extra for greasing
Sugar plus extra for
3 Large Eggs
2 Large Egg Yolks
1 Whole Egg
A pinch of Salt
2 tbsp Kirsch
Double Cream, whipped
1. Heat the oven to 150C,
300F, Gas Mark 2 and grease a 20cm
/8 inch spring-form
tin with butter. Sprinkle a
little caster sugar over the base of the tin and shake the tin vigorously, tilting and rotating it to coat the base and sides with
Turn the tin upside down over the sink to remove any excess sugar. Set aside.
2. Place a small heat proof mixing bowl over a small pan of boiling
3. In a large mixing bowl,
using an electric whisk, beat together two egg yolks, the whole egg, a pinch of salt and 100g/4oz of the sugar. Beat for five
minutes, or until thick and foamy.
4. In a clean bowl, whisk the 3 egg whites together with 50g/2oz of the remaining
5. Pour chocolate mixture
into the egg yolk mixture, blend thoroughly then sift in
6. Allow to cool completely, then remove from the tin.
7. Meanwhile, stone and halve the cherries, place in a pan together with
the remaining sugar and kirsch and cook until the liquid is slightly thickened.
8. To serve - Transfer the
cake to a serving plate and spoon the still warm cherry.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.