Irish Tea Brack Veg
Alcohol Cakes baked Fayre Dairy free Ireland Europe
450g/1lb Mixed Dried Fruit
150ml/5fl.oz. Hot Black Tea
2 tbsp Irish Whiskey
225g/8oz Dark Soft Brown Sugar
225g/8oz Self Raising Flour
2 teasp Mixed Spice
1. Place the fruit in a large mixing bowl together with
the hot tea and whiskey. Cover with clingfilm and leave to soak overnight.
2. After the soaking period, preheat the oven to 180C,
350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin. Line the base with greaseproof
3. Add the sugar to the bowl of soaked fruit then add
the flour and sprinkle the spice evenly over the top.
4. Add the eggs and beat well with a wooden spoon until
thoroughly mixed and soft.
5. Transfer the mixture to the greased loaf tin,
smoothing the top with a palette knife.
6. Bake for 1-1/2 hours until firm and springy to the
touch. Half way through the cooking, cover the top of the cake with greaseproof
paper to prevent it getting too brown.
7. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Serve
cut into thick slices with plenty of butter.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.