Lemon Shortbreads Veg
Makes approx 24
Cold Vegetarian Biscuits
Cookies Baked Fayre
A pinch of Salt
2 Egg Yolks
The grated Zest
of 2 Lemons
1. Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl and make a
well in the centre.
2. Place the butter, icing sugar, egg yolks, and lemon zest in the centre
of the flour and mix well.
3. Knead gently and collect the mixture together, then wrap in Clingfilm
and chill for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 220C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly grease some
5. Roll the chilled dough out to 5mm/1/4 - inch on a lightly floured
surface and cut into round biscuits with a biscuit cutter.
Place on the baking sheets well spaced apart and
bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes,
until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.