Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry HT
Chinese MC 20mins
Chi Main Course Eggless Dairy Free
China Asia Asian
4 tbsp Vegetable
Salt and White
1 teasp Cornflour
1 teasp Sesame
3 Garlic Cloves,
1 teasp finely
chopped fresh Ginger
2 tbsp Brown Bean
1. Cut the beef lengthwise into thin strips about 5cm/2 inch long then place in a large mixing bowl together with 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, the salt and white pepper Mix well then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, remove the florets from the broccoli and cut the stems into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces. Place broccoli in a pan of boiling water; heat to boiling, cover and cook 2 minutes. Drain then immediately rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together cornflour, sesame oil and stock.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining vegetable oil in a large frying pan and rotate the pan to coat bottom. Add the beef and stir-fry 2 minutes. Remove the beef from the pan and keep warm.
5. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pan Add the garlic, ginger and bean sauce and stir-fry 30 seconds.
6. Add bamboo shoots, beef and broccoli and continue to stir-fry fir 2-3 minutes then stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for a further 30 seconds or until thickened. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.