Crab Dumplings (Dim Sum) HT
HD PFC Chinese 40mins
Makes 24 Hot
Shellfish Seafood Vegetables Herbs Chi Hors d’oeuvre Starter Party Food
1 Egg White
2 tbsp Rice Wine or Sherry
1 teasp Soy Sauce
1 teasp Castor Sugar
6 Water Chestnuts, chopped
1 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro)
24 Wonton Wrappers (about 10cm/4 inch square)
1. Place the egg white in a medium mixing bowl, beat lightly with a fork then
add half the rice wine or sherry, the soy sauce and sugar and beat lightly
2. Add the crabmeat, water chestnuts and coriander and mix with a fork until
well blended. Set aside.
3. Lay the wontons out on a work surface and cut into rounds with a large
biscuit cutter, lightly brush the surface of each wrapper with the remaining
rice wine/sherry then place a level tablespoon of the crab filling in the centre
of each wrapper. Bring the edges of each wrapper together into a half circle
shaped parcel, pressing the edges together to seal.
4. Steam the dumplings for 10-15 minutes until the filling is set.
Can be served as part of a
Dim Sum selection
More Crab Recipes |
Seafood & Fish Recipes | More
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.