Week day Menu Recipe
Crab with Ginger, Onion and
Garlic HT Chinese
Chi Seafood Shellfish Alcohol Main
Course Dairy Free Eggless China Guangdong Cantonese Asia Asian
2-3 Fresh Crabs
2 teasp Salt
5 slices Fresh Ginger, shredded
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
2 tbsp Dry Sherry
150ml/5fl.oz. Good Chicken Stock
5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Onions, thinly sliced
5 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1. Separate the claws from the crabs using a twisting motion and crack them with a crab cracker or hammer, without removing the shells completely. This is so the flavours can penetrate into the claws during cooking.
2. Place the bodies of the crabs on their backs then firmly pull the bodies away from the shells (with the legs still attached).
3. Remove and discard the grey stomach sac and gills then cut the body part into 4 pieces.
4. Place all the crab pieces and claws in a large bowl and sprinkle the salt and ginger over the top. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, chili sauce, sherry and stock. Set aside.
6. Heat the oil in a very large heavy saucepan until very hot then add the onions and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Add all the crab pieces, including the body shells and stir fry for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
7. Add the soy sauce mixture to the pan, stir well and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
8. To serve - Transfer to a heated dish and serve immediately. Best eaten with the fingers : mucky but fantastic!
Rice, Steamed Bok Choy
More Crab Recipes |
Seafood & Fish Recipes | More