Lettuce Wrapped Sesame Chicken
4 as a starter or
as part of a dim sum menu
Cold Chi Poultry Alcohol Hors d'oeuvre Starter Appetizer
Dairy free Eggless China Asia Asian
Breasts of Chicken,
2 tbsp Sesame
3 tbsp Chicken
Stock or Water
2 tbsp Wine
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Peanut Oil
2 Chilies, finely chopped
1 teasp finely
1 Spring Onion
(white part) chopped
1 Garlic Clove,
2 tbsp Dry sherry
1. Poach the chicken breasts in a little boiling water for 10-15 minutes until white and opaque.
2. Remove the chicken breasts from the pot, drain and cool then slice them thinly
the shred the slices into thin strips.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the sesame paste and stock or water then add the vinegar, soy sauce, peanut oil, chillies, ginger, scallion, garlic, sherry
and pepper. Mix very well.
4. Toss the chicken strips in this sauce, to coat and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
5. To serve - Place a small portion of the chicken on a lettuce leaf
and roll up like a spring roll.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m