Stir-fried Hoisin Chicken HT
20mins plus marinating
Chi Poultry Nuts Main Course Dairy Free China Guangdong
3 Boneless Chicken
1 Egg White,
4 teasp Cornflour
1 teasp Soy Sauce
Capsicum (Sweet Pepper) deseeded
1/2 Red Capsicum deseeded
2 tbsp Water
1/2 teasp Sesame
2 tbsp Peanut Oil
1 Garlic Clove,
1 teasp grated
2 tbsp Hoisin
1. Cut the chicken into cubes about 2.5cm/1 inch. Mix together the egg white, 1 teaspoon of the cornflour, soy sauce and black pepper in large bowl. Add the chicken, mix well, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour, mixing occasionally.
2. Cut the red and green peppers into thin strips and slice the onion very thinly and separate into rings. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch, water, sugar and sesame oil.
3. Heat the peanut oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the onion is golden and soft. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken has turned white and opaque.
4. Add the Hoisin sauce and cook stirring for about 30-45 seconds then stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
5. Add the green and red pepper and stir-fry for a further 1 minute. Add the cornflour mixture and continue to cook stirring until thickened.
6. To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.