Sweet 'n Sour Chicken
Chinese MC 30mins
Chi Poultry Alcohol Main Course
Dairy free China Asia Asian
Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp Dry Sherry
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Red Capsicum
1 Green Capsicum
2 Spring Onion
2 tbsp Cornflour
Vegetable oil for
75g/3oz Pineapple Chunks
For the Sauce
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
5 teasp Cider
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Tomato
1 teasp Cornflour
1 Teasp Water
1. Skin the chicken and cut the flesh into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl
together with the
2. Meanwhile, cut the green and red peppers into 2.5cm/1 inch squares.
Peel and cut the carrots and spring onions into 1-inch chunks.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil add the carrots and blanche for 4
minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, salt, vinegar, sugar and tomato
paste in a
large saucepan. Bring to the boil then add the vegetables, but not the
pineapple. Stir until well blended. Mix together the
sauce warm whilst you cook the chicken as follows.
5. Mix the egg and cornflour together in a bowl until it forms a batter.
6. Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon, place them
into the batter and mix to coat each piece well.
7. Heat the oil until very hot and almost smoking. Remove the chicken
the batter with a slotted spoon and deep-fry until browned. Drain the
cubes on paper towels.
8. To serve - add the pineapple and
chicken cubes to the sauce, mix well, then turn
mixture into a warmed serving dish. Serve at once.
More Chinese Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.