Sweet 'n Sour Meatballs
Chinese MC 50mins
Beef Fruit Main Course
Dairy Free China Asia Asian
Red Wine Vinegar
Green Capsicum (Sweet Pepper)
Tomato, cut into wedges
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the beef, onion, egg,
soy sauce, salt and pepper until well combined.
2. Using your hands, form mixture into small meatballs about 2.5cm/1 inch in diameter. Set aside.
3. Deseed the capsicums and slice.
4. . Heat the oil in large frying pan or wok until very hot and beginning to smoke then carefully add the meatballs and fry for 10-12 minutes until well browned on all sides turning frequently. Remove them to a serving platter and pour meat juices over meatballs. Keep warm.
5. Wipe the pan clean of any residue with kitchen paper then add the brown sugar and vinegar. Cook over a high heat until the sugar has dissolved then add the tomato wedges, green pepper, and pineapple chunks. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
6. Stir the cornflour and water solution to remix, then add to the pan mixing thoroughly. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is clear and thickened.
7. To serve - pour the sauce over meatballs and serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m