Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
HT Chinese MC 30mins
Chi Pork Alcohol Fruit Main Course Dairy free China
Guangdong Cantonese Asia Asian
350g/12oz Pork Fillet
1 tbsp Dry Sherry
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Red Capsicum
1 Green Capsicum (Sweet pepper)
2 Spring Onion
2 tbsp Cornflour
Vegetable oil for
75g/3oz Pineapple Chunks
For the Sauce
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
5 teasp Cider
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Tomato
1 teasp Cornflour
mixed with a little water
1. Cut the pork into thin strips about 2.5cm/ 1 inch wide by 5cm/2-inches
long. Place in a large bowl together with 1 tbsp each of Soy sauce and sherry.
Mix well and set aside .
2. Meanwhile, cut the green and red peppers into 2.5cm/1 inch squares.
Peel and cut the carrots and spring onions into 1-inch chunks.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil add the carrots and blanche for 4
minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Make the sauce by combining the chicken stock, soy sauce, salt,
vinegar, sugar, tomato
paste and cornflour mixture in a
large saucepan. Bring slowly to the boil stirring until thickened, then add the vegetables
(but not the
pineapple). Stir until well blended. Keep the
sauce warm whilst you cook the pork as follows.
5. Mix the egg and cornflour together in a bowl until it forms a batter.
6. Remove the pork from the marinade with a slotted spoon, place the
into the batter and mix to coat each piece well.
7. Heat the oil until very hot and almost smoking. Remove the pork
the batter with a slotted spoon and immediately deep-fry until browned. Drain on
8. To serve - add the pineapple and
chicken cubes to the sauce, mix well, then turn
mixture into a warmed serving dish. Serve at once.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m