Baked Snapper with Sesame
HT Chinese MC
Chi Fish Alcohol Main Course Dairy Free
Eggless China Asia Asian
675g/1-1/2lb Whole Snapper
2 teasp Salt
2 tbsp Dry Sherry
Plain Flour to coat
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Spring Onion, thinly sliced on the
3 tbsp Sesame Oil
1. Gut, scale and wash the fish thoroughly then dry well on kitchen paper.
2. Make 3-4 diagonal cuts in each side of the fish using a sharp knife, making sure you cut right down to the bone. Sprinkle the fish with the salt, pepper and sherry then coat with flour.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the coated fish and fry for 7-8 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a heated serving platter and keep warm.
4. Place the sesame oil and spring onions in a small pan and heat, swirling the pan from time to time.
5. To serve - pour the hot sesame oil and onions over the fish and serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.