Bean Curd with Mushrooms Veg
Chi Vegetarian Main Course Healthy eating China
5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
225g/8oz Mushrooms, sliced
3 Fresh Bean Curd Cakes (Tofu), cut into 2.5cm/1
240ml/8fl.oz. Strong Vegetable Stock
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 teasp Sugar
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tbsp Water
1 teasp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Chilli Oil
1 Spring Onion, finely chopped
1. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat until very hot. Add the bean curd and fry for 1 minute, then return the mushrooms together with the stock, soy sauce, salt and sugar. bring to the boil and simmer for about 3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, blend the cornflour and water together then stir into the mixture. Continue to
cook until the sauce thickens.
4. To serve - transfer to a heated dish and sprinkle on the sesame oil, red
chili oil and spring onions. Serve immediately.
Vegetable Recipes | What's
in Season |
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the
other way round - from cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.