Beef with Cashews
HT Chinese MC
Chi Beef Nuts Main Course
Dairy free Eggless China Guangdong Cantonese
4 tbsp Vegetable
8 Spring Onions,
cut into 2.5cm/1 inch
2 Garlic Cloves,
Fresh Ginger, finely
4 teasp Cornflour
teasp Soy Sauce
1 teasp Sesame
2 teasp Oyster
1 teasp Chilli
1. Trim the meat and cut into very thin slices about 5cm/2 inches long. In a mixing bowl, blend together the water, cornflour, soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce and
chili sauce. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot then add half the beef and
stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining beef and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside with the first batch of beef.
3. Add the remaining vegetable oil to the frying pan and heat until very hot. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and cashews and stir-fry 1 minute.
4. Add the beef to the pan and stir fry, over a high heat, for 2 minutes then pour in the soy sauce mixture and continue to cook over a high heat, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.