Beef with Ginger and Bok Choy
Chinese MC 25mins plus marinating
Hot Chi Beef Alcohol Main Course
Eggless Dairy Free China Asia Asian
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 teasp Cornflour
1 tbsp Dry Sherry
1 teasp freshly
1 Garlic Clove,
175g/6oz Bok Choy
or Cos Lettuce
2 tbsp Vegetable
1 Medium Onion,
1 tbsp fresh
Ginger, finely shredded
1. Cut beef into thin slices about 5cm/2 inches long.
2. In a large mixing bowl, blend together 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 teaspoons of the cornflour, the sherry, grated ginger and garlic. Add the beef, mix well, cover and
allow to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the water, remaining cornflour and remaining soy sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Separate the bok choy or lettuce into leaves, wash well under cold running water and dry on kitchen paper then cut the leaves crosswise into 2.5cm/1 inch strips, removing the midribs.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot then add the beef and stir-fry 1 minute. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
6. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the pan, add the onion and shredded ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add the bok choy and stir-fry for a further 1 minute then add the beef and soy sauce mixture mixing well. Cook over a high heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.