Caramel Bananas Veg
Chi Dessert Pudding Dairy Free Eggless
China Asia Asian
2 tbsp Cornflour
3/4 teasp Baking
Vegetable oil for
2 teasp Sesame
1. In a bowl, mix together
the flour, cornflour and baking
powder. Add the water and whisk until smooth.
2. Peel and cut the bananas into 1cm/½-inch thick diagonal
3. Add the fruit to the batter and turn to coat evenly.
4. Pour enough oil into a deep saucepan to a depth of 5cm/2 inches and
heat the batter and allow the excess batter drip off, then carefully lower the
fruit into the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp.
5. Generously oil a large flat serving platter with the salad oil and
fill a serving bowl almost to the top
with ice cubes then add enough water to cover the ice.
6. Place the sugar, warm water and a little salad oil in a large frying
pan, heat until it starts to bubble. Continue to cook stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon,
until the syrup turns a very pale golden colour (about 8 minutes).
The mixture should be bubbling throughout the cooking time. Remove from the heat immediately
as the caramel will continue to cook.
8. Drop the fruit
into the syrup and rotate the pan to coat evenly. Remove
each piece of fruit immediately
using tongs or two metal spoons which have been AVOID TOUCHING IT WITH YOUR FINGERS . . .
. or any other part of your body!
9. Serve immediately at the table, using oiled tongs or metal spoons,
dip the fruit a piece at a time, in the iced water using a fork, which will harden the caramel and slightly cool the