Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup HT
SP Chinese 25mins
Poultry Soup Dairy free China Asia
75g/3oz cooked Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
2 tbsp Cornflour
90ml/3fl.oz. Cold Water
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
Salt and Black pepper
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2.5cm/1 inch Fresh Ginger, grated
900ml/30fl.oz. Good Chicken Stock
400g/14oz Baby Sweet corn, sliced
1 Egg, beaten
2 Spring Onions, sliced diagonally to garnish
1. Place the chicken in a bowl, and stir in the soy sauce, cornflour, water, sesame oil and seasonings. Mix well.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan, add the ginger and stir-fry for a few seconds. Then add the stock and baby sweetcorn slices and bring to simmering point.
3. Stir in the chicken mixture and slowly bring it to the boil stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour the beaten egg into the hot soup, stirring all the time. The egg will coagulate immediately.
5. To serve - transfer to a warmed soup tureen and garnish with the sliced spring onions.
More Chinese Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.