Crispy Szechuan Beef HT
Hot Beef Main Course Dairy free
½ teasp Salt
Beef e.g. Rump, Sirloin
6 tbsp Vegetable
1 Large Carrot, cut into
2 Spring Onions,
cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Chilies, thinly
3 Garlic Cloves,
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Soy sauce
4 tbsp Red Wine
1. Cut the meat into thin slices about 5cm/2 inches long.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, salt and cornflour to form a
batter, then add the meat and mix until
2. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot, add the beef,
drained of as much of the batter as possible,
and stir fry for 2 minutes or until
golden and crispy. Remove the
meat from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Wipe out the pan then heat the remaining oil to very hot, add the carrots and stir fry for
minute. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Reheat the oil until very hot, add the onions, chili and
Stir-fry for a few seconds
then add the sugar, soy sauce and vinegar and mix well.
Return the meat and carrots to the pan and cook over a high heat for 2-3
minutes stirring constantly. Serve
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.