Roast Duck HT Chinese
plus overnight drying
Hot Chi Poultry Alcohol Main Course
Crispy Duck Dairy Free Eggless China
3 Duck Quarters (pref. leg joints)
2 tbsp Black Treacle, Molasses or Honey
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp Dry Sherry
210ml/7fl.oz. Boiling Water
Shredded Spring Onions
Thin Cucumber Batons (about 5cm/2inches
120ml/4 fl.oz. Hoisin or Plum Sauce
1. Place the duck pieces in a large saucepan, cover with boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the molasses, vinegar, sherry and water in a bowl and mix well until thoroughly blended.
3. Drain the duck and cool under cold running water then dry well on kitchen paper.
4. Brush the molasses mixture over the duck skin then leave to dry overnight in a well ventilated place.
5. Next day, preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Place the duck portions on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and continue to cook for a further 25 minutes or until well cooked and crispy.
6. To serve - remove the skin and flesh from the duck, shred and transfer to a heated serving platter. Eaten with the fingers, allow each diner to take a Mandarin pancake, spread a little of the
Hoisin sauce over the middle then top with a little duck, spring onion and cucumber. Roll the pancake up like a spring roll and enjoy!