Prawn and Pork Spring Rolls HT Chinese HD 15mins
Chi Seafood Shellfish Vegetables Hors d'oeuvre Starter Appetizer
China Guangdong Cantonese Asia Asian
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
50g/4oz Shelled Prawns, chopped
75g/3oz Minced Pork
50g/2oz Bean Sprouts
2 teasp Peanut Oil
1/2 Garlic Clove, crushed
25g/1oz Grated Carrot
1 teasp Freshly grated Ginger
2 teasp Soy Sauce
2 teasp Oyster Sauce
1 teasp Freshly chopped Coriander
12 x 15cm/6-inch square
Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the garlic, ginger and carrot and stir
fry until softened.
2. Raise the heat and add the pork and prawns and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Then
add the bean sprouts and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Blend well and allow to cool.
4. Divide the filling into 12 portions then place the filling across the end of
each wrapper, leaving a
border of 1cm/½ inch on each side. Start rolling up the wrapper and when you
get to 3/4 of the way , fold over the edges to enclose the filling.
5. Brush the remaining wrapper with a little beaten egg then continue to roll up
the parcel. Repeat this process with all the wrappers. Refrigerate until ready
6. Preheat the oil to 180C, 350F. Fry the spring rolls, a few at a time, until
golden and cooked through. Drain on Kitchen paper and keep warm whilst you fry
the rest of the rolls. Serve immediately with a dipping sauce.
More Chinese Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.